Memories of paste
- Weitz, D., Nature 410, 32-33 (2001).
In his article, Weitz primarily describes the following paper:
- Cloitre, M., Borrega, R. & Leibler, L. Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 4819-4822 (2000).
Key Words: Paste, Glass, Microgel, Stress, Relaxation, Ageing
Weitz's article draws attention to the findings of Cloitre, Borrega, and Leibler and goes on to list related questions for future exploration.
Cloitre, Borrega, and Leibler studied the rheology of a paste consisting of pieces of microgel suspended in a fluid.
The related questions Weitz lists are:
- 1) What causes the ageing affect?
- 2) How much impact does the surprising rheology have?
- 3) Is the ageing affect specific to the particular microgel paste, or does it apply to other pastes or even other kinds of soft matter?
Soft Matter Details
As the title suggests, Memories of Paste focuses primarily on a class of soft materials called pastes.
- What is the difference between a paste, a gel, and a colloid?
author: Becca Perry