44. Statistical dynamics of flowing red blood cells by morphological image processing J. Higgins, D. Eddington, S. Bhatia and L. Mahadevan, PLoS Computational Biology, 5, e1000288, 2009.
45. A quantitative analysis of contractility in active cytoskeletal protein networks P. Bendix, G. Koenderink, D. Cuvelier, Z. Dogic, B. Koeleman, W. Brieher, C. Field, L. Mahadevan and D. Weitz, Biophysical Journal, 94, 3126, 2008.
46. Localized and extended deformations of elastic shells A. Vaziri and L. Mahadevan, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), 105, 7913, 2008.
47. Polymer science and biology: structure and dynamics at multiple scales (Opening Lecture) L. Mahadevan, Faraday Discussions, 139, 9, 2008.
48. Elasticity of floppy and stiff random networks M. Wyart, H. Liang, A. Kabla,and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 101, 215501, 2008.
49. Equilibrium of an elastically confined liquid drop H-M. Kwon, H-Y. Kim, J. Puell and L. Mahadevan, Journal of Applied Physics, 103, 093519, 2008.
50. Limbless undulatory propulsion on land Z. Guo and L. Mahadevan, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), 105, 3179, 2008.
51. The universal dynamics of cell spreading D. Cuvelier, M. Thery, Y-S. Chu, S. Dufour, J-P. Thiery, M. Bornens, P. Nassoy, and L. Mahadevan, Current Biology , 17, 694, 2007
52. Gravitational stability of suspensions of attractive colloidal particles C. Kim, Y. Liu, A. Kuhnle, S. Hess, S. Viereck, T. Danner, L. Mahadevan, and D. Weitz, Physical Review Letters, 99, 028303, 2007.
53. Curvature condensation and bifurcation in an elastic shell M. Das, A. Vaziri, A. Kudrolli, and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 98, 014301, 2007.
54. Nonlinear mechanics of soft fibrous networks A. Kabla and L. Mahadevan, Journal of the Royal Society - Interface, 4, 99, 2007.
55. Capillary rise between elastic sheets H-Y Kim and L. Mahadevan, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 548, 141, 2006.
56. Dynamics of surfactant-driven fracture of particle rafts D. Vella, H-Y Kim, P. Aussillous and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 96, 178301, 2006.
57. Mechanics of Interfacial Composite Materials A.B. Subramaniam, M. Abkarian, L. Mahadevan, and H.A. Stone, Langmuir, 22, 10204, 2006.
58. Superficial wrinkles in stretched, drying gelatin films R. Rizzieri, L. Mahadevan, A. Vaziri and A. Donald, Langmuir, 22, 3622, 2006.
59. A simple model for the dynamics of adhesive failure D. Vella and L. Mahadevan, Langmuir, 22, 163, 2006.
60. Crack-front instability in a confined elastic film M. Adda Bedia and L. Mahadevan, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, series A, 462, 3233, 2006.
61. Dynamics of fracture in drying suspensions E. Dufresene, D. Stark, N. Greenblatt, J. Cheng, J. Hutchinson, L. Mahadevan and D. Weitz, Langmuir, 22, 7144, 2006.
62. The ‘Cheerios Effect’ D. Vella and L. Mahadevan, American Journal of Physics, 73, 817-825, 2005.
63. Buckling of drying droplets of colloidal suspensions, N. Tsapsi, E. Dufresne, S. Sinha, C. Riera, J. Hutchinson, L. Mahadevan, D. Weitz, Physical Review Letters, 94, 018302, 2005.
64. Hydrodynamical models for the chaotic dripping faucet, P. Coullet, L. Mahadevan and C. Riera, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 526, 1-17, 2005.
65. How the Venus Flytrap snaps, Y. Forterre, J. Skotheim, J. Dumais and L. Mahadevan, Nature, 433, 421-25, 2005.
66. Non-equilibration of hydrostatic pressure in blebbing cells, G. Charras, J. Yarrow, M. Horton, L. Mahadevan and T. Mitchison, Nature, 435, 365-69. 2005.
67. Physical limits and design principles for plant and fungal movements, J. Skotheim and L. Mahadevan, Science, 308, 1308-10, 2005.
68. Soft lubrication: the elastohydrodynamics of conforming and non-conforming contacts, J. Skotheim and L. Mahadevan, Physics of Fluids, 17, 092101, 2005.
69. Non-spherical bubbles, A. Balasubramaniam, M. Abkarian, L. Mahadevan and H.A. Stone, Nature, 438, 930, 2005.
70. Using the peel test to measure the work of adhesion in a confined elastic film, A. Ghatak, L. Mahadevan and M. Chaudhury, Langmuir, 21, 1277-81, 2005.
71. Elasticity of interfacial particle rafts, Vella, D., P. Aussillous and L. Mahadevan, Europhysics Letters, 68 (2), 212-18, 2004.
72. Building Materials by Packing Spheres, V.N. Manoharan and D.J. Pine, MRS Bulletin 29 (2): 91–95 (2004)
73. Elements of Draping, Cerda, E., L. Mahadevan and J. Passini, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), 101 (7), 1806-10, 2004.
74. Capillarity-induced zippering of a flexible train floating on an air-water interface, Vella, D., H-Y. Kim and L. Mahadevan, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 502, 89-98, 2004.
75. Peeling, healing and bursting in lubricated elastic sheets, Hosoi, A. and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 93, 137802, 2004.
76. Soft lubrication, Skotheim, J. and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 92, 245509, 2004.
77. The viscous catenary, Teichman, J. and L. Mahadevan, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 478, pp. 71-80, 2003.
78. Geometry and physics of wrinkling, Cerda, E. and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 90 (7) 074302, 2003 (Physical Review Focus Article).
79. Powerful curves, L. Mahadevan and T. Mitchison, Nature, 435, 895, 2005.
Added for AP225 Fall 2010
LM80. Statistical mechanics of developable ribbons. L. Giomi and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 2010
LM81. Nanopottery: coiling of electrospun polymer nanofibers H-Y Kim, M Lee, K-J Park, S Kim and L. Mahadevan, Nanoletters, 10, 2138, 2010.
LM82. Self-organization of a mesoscale bristle into ordered hierarchical helical assemblies B. Pokroy, S. Kang, L. Mahadevan, and J. Aizenberg, Science, 323, 237, 2009.
Added for AP225 Fall 2011
LM83. Influence of feedback on the stochastic evolution of simple climate systems. L. Mahadevan and J. Deutch, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London (A), 466, 993, 2010.
LM84. The Foppl-von Karman equations for plates with incompatible strains M. Lewicka, L. Mahadevan, and M. Pakzad, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Lond. (A), doi: 10.1098/rspa.2010.0138.
LM85. Cooperative adhesion and friction of compliant nanohairs L. Ge, A. Goyal, R. Shi, L. Mahadevan, P. Ajayan and A. Dhinojwala, Nanoletters, 10, 4509, 2010.
LM86. Geometry, mechanics and electronics of singular structures in graphene V. Pereira, H-Y Liang, A. Castro-Neto and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 105, 156603, 2010.
LM87. Why subduction zones are curved L. Mahadevan, R. Bendick and H-Y. Liang, Tectonics, 29,TC6002, 2010.
LM88. Physiological and pathological population dynamics of circulating human red blood cells J. Higgins and L. Mahadevan, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 107, 20587-92, 2010.
LM89. Control of shape and size of nanopillar assembly by adhesion-mediated elastocapillary interaction S. Kang, B. Pokroy, L. Mahadevan and J. Aizenberg, ACS-Nano, 4, 11, 6323-31, 2010.
LM90. Elastohydrodynamics of wet bristles, carpets and brushes A. Gopinath and L. Mahadevan, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London (A), 2011. doi:10.1098/rspa2010.0228.
LM91. Structural dynamics of an actin spring L. Mahadevan, C. Riera and J. Shin Biophysical Journal, 100, 839-44, 2011.
LM92. Growth, geometry and mechanics of the blooming lily H-Y. Liang and L. Mahadevan, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 108, 5516-21, 2011.
LM93. Asymmetric network connectivity using weighted harmonic averages G. Morrison and L. Mahadevan, Europhysics Letters, 93, 40002, 2011.
LM94. How wet paper curls E. Reyssat and L. Mahadevan, Europhysics Letters, 93, 54001, 2011.
LM95. Unfolding the sulcus E. Hohlfeld and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 106, 105702, 2011.
LM96. The shallow turn of a worm D. Kim, S. Park, L. Mahadevan and J. Shin, Journal of Experimental Biology, 214, 1554-1559, 2011.
LM97. Excitable patterns in active nematics L. Giomi, L. Mahadevan, B. Chakraborty, and M. F. Hagan, Physical Review Letters, 106, 218101, 2011.
LM98. Painting with drops, jets, and sheets A. Herczynski, C. Cernuschi, and L. Mahadevan, Physics Today June 2011, 31-36.
LM99. Dynamic instability of a growing adsorbed polymorphic filament S. Zapperi and L. Mahadevan, Biophysical Journal 101:267-275, 2011.
LM100. On the growth and form of the gut T. Savin, N.A. Kurpios, A.E. Shyer, P. Florescu, H. Liang, L. Mahadevan & C.J. Tabin Nature 476:57-62, 2011.
LM102. Shock driven jamming and periodic fracture of particulate rafts M. M. Bandi, T. Tallinen, L. Mahadevan. http://arxiv.org/pdf/1010.6253
LM103. Multistability of spontaneously curved anisotropic strips L. Giomi, L. Mahadevanhttp://arxiv.org/pdf/1104.4109
LM104. Buckling instability of a thin-layer rectilinear Couette flow A. Slim, J. Teichman, L. Mahadevan. http://arxiv.org/pdf/1103.1925
LM105. Twisting graphene nanoribbons into carbon nanotubes O.O. Kit, T. Tallinen, L. Mahadevan, J. Timonen, P. Koskinen http://arxiv.org/pdf/1108.0048
Added for AP225 Fall 2012
LM107. Hydrodynamics of writing with ink J. Kim, M-W. Moon, K-R. Lee, L. Mahadevan, and H-Y. Kim,Physical Review Letters, 107, 264502, 2011.
LM108. A simple model for nanofiber formation by rotary jet-spinning P. Mellado, H.A. McIlwee, M.R. Badrossamay, J.A. Goss, L. Mahadevan, and K.K. Parker, Applied Physics Letters., 99, 203107, 2011.
LM109. Shock driven jamming and periodic fracture of particulate rafts M. M. Bandi, T. Tallinen, L. Mahadevan, Europhysics Letters Journal, 96, 36008, 2011.
LM110. On the growth and form of the gut T. Savin, N.A. Kurpios, A.E. Shyer, P. Florescu, H. Liang, L. Mahadevan & C.J. Tabin, Nature 476:57-62, 2011.
LM111. Flow induced channelization in a porous medium A. Mahadevan, A.V. Orpe, A. Kudrolli, and L. Mahadevan, Europhysics Letters Journal, 98, 58003, 2012.
LM112. How things get stuck: kinetics, elastohydrodynamics, and soft adhesion M. Mani, A. Gopinath, and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 108, 226104, 2012.
LM113. Geometric control of rippling in supported polymer nanolines V.R. Tirumala, C.M. Stafford, L.E. Ocola, J.F. Douglas, and L. Mahadevan, Nanoletters, 12, 1516-1521, 2012.
LM114. A method for tensile tests of biological tissues at the mesoscale T. Savin, A. E. Shyer, and L. Mahadevan, Journal of Applied Physics 111, 074704, 2012.
LM115. Skating on a film of air: drops impacting on a surface J. M. Kolinski, S. M. Rubinstein, S. Mandre, M. P. Brenner, D. A. Weitz, and L. Mahadevan, Physical Review Letters, 108, 074503, 2012.
LM116. Actin network growth under load O. Campàs, L. Mahadevan, and J-F. Joanny, Biophysical Journal, 102, 1049-1058, 2012.
LM117. Minimal surfaces bounded by elastic lines L. Giomi and L. Mahadevan,Proceedings of the Royal Society of London (A), 2012. doi: 10.1098/rspa.2011.0627
LM118. Soft catenaries K. Kamrin and L. Mahadevan, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 691, 165-177.
LM120. The force-velocity relationship for the actin-based motility of Listeria-Monocytogenes, McGrath, J., J. Eungdamrong, C. Fisher, F. Peng, L. Mahadevan, T. Mitchison and S. Kuo, Current Biology, 13 (1-20), 1-6, 2003.
LM121. Elastic behavior of cross-linked and bundled actin networks, Gardel, M., J. Shin, F. Mackintosh, L. Mahadevan, P. Matsudaira and D. Weitz, Science, 304, 1301-5, 2004.
LM122. Sensorimotor control during isothermal tracking in Caenorhabditis elegans L. Luo, D.A. Clark, D. Biron, L. Mahadevan, and A.D.T. Samuel, The Journal of Experimental Biology 209, 4652, 2006.
LM123. Force of an actin spring J.H. Shin, B.K. Tam, R.R. Brau, M.J. Lang, L. Mahadevan, and Paul Matsudaira, Biophysical Journal, 92, 3729, 2007.
LM124. Optimal vein density in artificial and real leaves X. Noblin, L. Mahadevan, I. Coomaraswamy, D. Weitz, N. Holbrook and M. Zwieniecki, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), 105, 9140, 2008.
LM125. Flip-flop-induced relaxation of bending energy: implications for membrane remodeling R. Bruckner, S. Mansy, A. Ricardo, L. Mahadevan, and J. Szostak, Biophysical Journal, 97, 3113, 2009